Belly vignettes

Raina and I were making dinner three weeks ago and, on her step stool, Raina had a very good profile show of my mid-section. Her remark: "Wow, Mommy, you have a big belly!" I really didn't know how to respond to that, so I didn't say anything but look at her questioningly. Then she patted her belly and said "Mine's big too! Let's eat more food and get bigger, Mommy!" That plan sounds rather inevitable for me =)

This morning, Raina commented on my belly's size again. When I reminded her it was because a baby was in there, she responded in an incredibly endearing way. "My baby sister is in your uterus!" And then she gave my belly a hug and a kiss and said "I miss you baby."

I got all teary and emotional, and I swear it wasn't just pregnancy hormones. Raina was amazingly sweet.

Comments

Emelye said…
Oy. I'm getting teary and emotional just reading this blog post. I *blame* the pregnancy hormones.

Popular Posts