Raina has a reputation ...

Another JK parent stopped me today to say that he and his son were discussing Raina, with the son's specific comment that "Raina is really smart!" I laughed out loud (I mean, who really says that about a 4 year old?!) but the son had offered up as evidence: "Raina knows how to read!"

Well, okay, that's only partially true. Raina has a few books that she has memorized and she LOVES to read those to other people. On a daily basis. Or every hour. Or whenever she can convince someone to sit long enough and listen to her. My guess is that she has tormented her classmates with numerous renditions of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! and she, therefore, has given the mistaken impression that she's a full-fledged reader. She's nowhere close, but I am impressed that she fooled her classmates. I wonder when she'll learn that she can fool her teachers and parents and sibling too ...

Comments

Popular Posts