Saturday, November 21, 2009
1) The bathtub. Lola hears the bathtub faucet start and she immediately starts a furiously fast crawl to the bathroom (hoping to get there before someone shuts the door on her). She's learned to push the door open if it hasn't been completely shut. Once inside, she pulls up to standing at the bathtub and tries to lift her leg up so she can get into the bathtub herself. She is ridiculously overjoyed when she's placed into the tub -- she even smiles when water is splashed directly into her eyes! -- and she hysterically cries when she's removed from the tub. She also happily supervises Raina's bath each night. Above all, the bathtub is Lola's favorite thing.
2) The dishwasher. When Lola hears the dishwasher open, she excitedly crawls to the kitchen and grabs at the silverware and pulls the bottom rack back and forth and pats the door. Now she has advanced to pulling out the dishes from the bottom rack (which is cute but disastrous) so an adult thwarts her by sticking out a leg to block or by removing all the dirty dishes when she's around. Loading and unloading the dishwasher are now time-consuming affairs.
3) The trash bag. The trash bag wraps around the top of the trashcan and Lola loves standing up and pulling on the plastic bag straps. We try to prevent this by blocking the trashcan with other items but she's a smart kid and usually figures out how to get to the trashcan despite our efforts. And if the trashcan is not sufficiently filled, then she pulls the trashcan over and smacks herself in the head. She doesn't like that too much, but she loves everything up to that point.
4) Raina. Lola happily squeals each time she and Raina are together in the car, Lola follows Raina around the house (and we adults are treated to Raina saying, "NO, LOLA!" all the time), and she tries to help Raina as Raina tries to help mommy make dinner each night. Lola desperately wants to play in Raina's room, but Raina won't let her. Lola is smitten by Raina and she becomes insanely happy when Raina chooses to play with her. Little sister has a big sister infatuation.
5) Roxanne. Lola crawls after Roxanne, tries to play with the dog's toys, climbs on the dog bed, and tracks the dog whenever they are in the same room. She used to lick the dog if they got too close, but now she's progressed to trying to chew on the dog's bone. Their relationship is cute and disgusting all at once.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
(And you can imagine a picture of Raina and Lola in the bathtub ... but it's not appropriate to share with the wider internet community!)
Sisters are great!
Daddy and Raina alternate between cuddling and tickling, on a rather continuous basis.
An annual JK tradition is the Pet Parade. Each JKer brings in a stuffed animal, discusses habitat, and then makes the animal his / her own habitat. Raina, of course, brought in a cow and then made it a barn. (I don't know why big hats are involved but they are a central theme as well.)