Da Da!

Lola uses language somewhat effectively. She articulates "buh!" before tossing a book at you, demands "ba ba ba!" when she wants a bottle, and says "mama!" before running/toddling over to me and giving me a hug. (She also mournfully chants "mamamamama!" and cries when I leave her. Sigh.) And she'll say "dada" but hasn't used it in context much. She'll often say it on the drive home from daycare, maybe because we'll see dada soon. But just the other day, she used it in context.

Lola was home sick and I stayed home with her. Suddenly she started walking around the house, calling "da da! da da!" I was so impressed that I called Eric at work so he could hear her calling for him. When I picked her up next to the phone, I figured out why she wanted him so desperately. She was excessively poopy, and Daddy is in charge of diaper duty. I laughed and laughed, and then changed Her Poopiness. She's a smart kid.

Comments

Popular Posts