Raina's Birthday Wish

Raina had her first birthday cake with candles today and she knew she got to make a wish.  (I don't know who told her that; maybe it's one of the Jungian facts.)  Last night she wanted to get her wish approved by me, but I told her to keep it a secret.  Again this morning she wanted to share it, and again I told her to keep it secret.  At dinner tonight, Raina asked if she got to blow out the candles and make her wish.  The wish kept coming up, so it clearly was important to Raina.  I asked her what her wish was (so if it was for a present or something I would be prepared). 

Raina's wish:  "I wish that all animals have the right food to eat."  When asked why, she elaborated, "I want the animals to be healthy and live." 

I am so proud of her for thinking of others with her wish.  Raina is a sweet, sweet girl.

Comments

Popular Posts