Pavlovian Conditioning

Lola spends a lot of time nursing, which means I spend a lot of time just staring off into space each day. I calculated it, and I've spent over 75 hours nursing Lola so far. Given the chance, I'd rather occupy my mind in some capacity, so I prefer to read or play games or watch television during each (roughly) 40 minute nursing session. Kevin Koontz lent me the first season of Eureka, which was an enjoyable show to watch, and then I decided to re-watch Battlestar Galactica.

Each Eureka and Battlestar disc and episode opens the same way: with the Universal Studies musical fanfare. Now Lola has learned that when she hears the Universal opening it means she will be feeding soon. She may be crying hysterically, but, as soon as she hears the fanfare, she immediately quiets down and starts opening and closing her mouth in anticipation of feeding. It's quite adorable and amusing.

Comments

Michelle said…
Here's a movie recommendation for your next couple of nursing hours! It's called The Visitor and deals with immigration issues, but is very touching. Sending a hug to the whole family! :)
Emelye said…
Ha! Those brand gurus are evil geniuses.

Popular Posts