Lola and "Incident/Injury reports"

Whenever Lola gets injured for some reason at day care, they always write up an "Incident/Injury report". I generally find these to be an entertaining window into the interactions of toddlers. For example I quote from today's:

"child: Lola Compton Date 7-1-10
Incident: Lola was sitting at the table for snack. Friend attempted to take Lola's snack and when Lola went to grab it, friend bit her on the left hand
Further Action taken/Treatment: ice, TLC"

But wait! today's was a double report:

"Incident: Lola and friend both wanted the Elmo chair - friend bit her on the left shoulder."

I actually didn't notice the addendum until I discovered that the bite mark described didn't match the one described on the first part of the note during her bath. Don't get me wrong, sometimes we get the opposite as well:

"Lola bit a classmate. She was provoked." (or sometimes unprovoked)

Gotta love the simple feral reactions going on here.

Comments

Popular Posts