The Whomptons Vote

The Whompton adults clearly are out of touch with the majority of voting Missourians because we are often disappointed after Election Days.  Some decisions still rankle and make me furious.  St. Louisians voted down a smoking ban (when my tobacco-growing hometown has been smoke-free for years).  They also refused to pay a 1 cent tax on their monthly cell phone bill so that emergency 911 services would work on cell phones.  They voted against public transportation, against unifying St. Louis city and county, against same-sex marriage.  Yesterday was no different.  Missourians voted to exempt our state from the federal health care requirements.

I love many things about where I live, but I sincerely wish Missourians were slightly more centrist in their political views.

Comments

Popular Posts