What Raina Knows ...

The information that Raina randomly inserts into conversations often surprises me. Today's two examples:

Before school, she draws this incredibly elaborate full-white-board sized picture, which seems like a mountain landscape scene. Here's a transcript of the morning's converation.

KSW: Wow, what a lovely picture! What did you draw?
Raina: It's Mount Fuji. Did you know that Mount Fuji is a mountain AND a volcano? It's in Japan!
KSW: That's great, Raina! Are you studying about this in school?
Raina: Nope, I just knew it.
KSW: Oh.

Later this evening, Raina appears before me, contorts her body into a very distinctive yoga position, promptly wobbles, and proclaims "This is Tree Pose!" It certainly was and she was so proud to show me. But that's not what they're doing in PE, so who knows from where she picked up that piece of information! (The adult image was marred slightly when I noticed this huge amount of toothpaste on her upper arm. When I asked her, she said, "Oh, yeah. I spilled." And even though my brain replied "You 'spilled' a significant amount of toothpaste on your bicep?! How in the world?" my mouth replied "Oh, okay. Clean it up kiddo.")

Raina is always good for a surprise.

Comments

Popular Posts