Kids say the darndest things ...

Lola woke up from her nap early and asked for some books.  A while later, Deanna, her primary caregiver came by and the two had this conversation:
Deanna:  Lola, are you poopy?
Lola:  Yes.
Deanna:  Why didn't you tell me you were poopy?  I would have changed your diaper.
Lola:  (hanging her head)  I forgot.

Deanna laughed when she told me the story.  She's still in shock that a toddler was self-aware enough to realize that she knew something and then forgot it. 

Raina remarked on the ride home today:  "Can you imagine a world where all we had to eat was cookies and ice cream and chocolate?  Ugh.  My belly would hurt so bad.  I'm glad we have healthy food instead!"  Most kids would answer their own question with "wow, cookies all day, awesome!"  I'm proud to say that I have brainwashed my child. 

Comments

Popular Posts