Lola and her Lovies

Lola refused to nap today (which is never a good start to the afternoon) but she did want to play "tuck Mommy in bed so she can take a nap."  Admittedly, I like playing this game a lot because I get to lie on the couch, she covers me with blankets, I read, and occasionally act like I'm snoring.  Easy way to occupy the kid.
Today Lola was dissatisfied with my sleep-acting.  I was not convincing enough, or something, so I countered with "Lola, I need a lovey."  She looked confused, I repeated my request, and then she scurried away in pursuit of a lovey suitable for her mommy.

She returned with five stacking blocks.  She tucked them under the blanket with me, patted them, said "FIVE lovies, Mommy!" and promptly gave me the look that meant "start sleeping!"  She got extremely convincing snores after that!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts