Parenting Ecstasy

Raina and I are driving to daycare to pick up Lola.  I've been singing and Raina has been reading and we haven't communicated at all during the 20 minutes.  Feeling a tad bit guilty, I try "Reading is wonderful, isn't it?"  (Raina is reading chapter books and she is beyond thrilled about it.) 

Her response is all fervor:  "YES!  It's AWESOME!"  And for about 10 seconds we bask in the warm glow of knowing how to read and enjoying books so much.  Then she says, "That's enough talking.  I need to get back to my book!" 
Hysterical, and pretty much how I feel when I'm reading a good book too.  I loved hearing this from my daughter. 

Raina and I arrive at daycare and we examine Lola's pottying chart.  Usually it's a log of "attempts to use the potty" without actual success.  Today, though, had FOUR different pee-on-the-potty instances!  FOUR!  Lola was exceptionally proud of herself, as she should be, and I had visions of being free of diapers.  What a glorious gift that would be. 
All in all, it was a wonderful five minutes as a parent.

Comments

Popular Posts