2018 in Review: Books

The introvert in me can only stand people for so long before I start losing my good cheer and switch to active irritation.  One of the ways I recharge is by reading books and, in 2018, I read a lot of them:  122, in fact.  This is nowhere close to Samantha's number or, goodness knows, Raina's number for 2018, but it was about double my normal amount for the past few years.  The Whomptons are readers! 

Books I would recommend from my 2018 list:

Narrative Non-Fiction 
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors
Educated by Tara Westover
Born a Crime by Trevor Noah

Non-Fiction
The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
Eight Flavors: The Untold Story of American Cuisine by Sarah Lohman
Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture by Roxanne Gay

Young Adult Novels
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart
Things Too Huge to Fix by Saying Sorry by Susan Vaught
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma

Comments

Popular Posts