2019 in Numbers


1: call to Child Protective Services about children in cages on the Texas / Mexico border.
200: pounds and my personal record for the deadlift.  Recovering from surgeries has made this peak difficult to regain and sustain.
6: number of desserts I made for the NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri Auction
139: books I read authored by women and/or folx of color
10: Black Lives Matter vigils
33: number of doctor appointments for Krystal (includes 3 surgeries)
6: days I spent caring for little Auggie over spring break
20: number of states through which I drove.  Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Quebec, Michigan, Alabama
2: number of shows I saw Raina stage-manage.  Bulling, Ink and one-acts from Summer Stock
2: musicals at the Fox. Come Away with Me and Dear Evan Hansen
5: shades of teal on the walls in our home.  We added 2 additional in Lola’s room.
17: bags of items donated due to the great purge of the basement (my anniversary gift to Eric)
Unknown: Lola basketball games attended.  Eric’s number is at least quadruple mine.
18: hours spent volunteering at the St. Louis Area Foodbank – the leadership changed at the Foodbank and this number is down in 2019 as a result
96: Individual Ethical Society meetings attended (not including platform addresses) – For my own sanity, I hope this number decreases in 2020. 

Comments

Popular Posts